Monday, May 16, 2011

Thing-a-week: Half-way mark

This colour-pencil sketch (with a few digital flourishes) marks the half-way point of the Thing-a-Week challenge.

Yessir. Just six months ago, Mike Kendrick and I were lamenting the lack of art in our lives. And now look! We've made all kinds of neato sketches and paintings because of this crazy plan.

That said, I've decided to start posting on Mondays, instead of Sundays, because I seem to run out of steam at the end of the weekend.

In fact, steam is in short supply these days. I've had quite a few art events on the go lately. As you probably know, my art billboards have been up across Alberta this month (until May 22) via the Art Upon Request campaign.

I've also donated art to a couple of silent auctions in recent weeks, created some illustrations, and started a commission.

I'd better get my ZZZZZ's this month, because there seems to be no sign of a slow-down anytime soon. I've got a few gigs on the horizon, including an appearance on Breakfast Television on May 25, alongside of a few other artists who belong to the Night of Artists. That's because we've got a big magazine launch on May 27.  Then, in June, I'll be showing some of my work at the University of Alberta Hospital. July will be all about Whyte Ave Art Walk, mid-month.

Mike Kendrick posted his Thing-a-Week yesterday (I salute you, Mike!), so don't forget to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment